Shout out to old friends!

Started by Apocolypes, August 23, 2005, 09:19:30 am

Previous topic - Next topic
Great to see old faces

Apoc, if you're curious, there are a *ton* of old school BoW folks playing in BoW-WoW.  And yep, we're dominating.  #1 guild on the server, like there could be any other option.  www.bladesofwrath.net - I think you'll be suprised at how many old faces got dredged up and are playing there now (granted, some go by different names)

and to any of the folks still around here who remember me.. especially you, Zoph, great job.  You make us proud ... BoW is no longer a guild, its an institution of fucking dominance!

btw zoph.. e-mail me at .  I'm stationed up here in Omaha, NE... pretty close to you, last I heard.  I always did want to buy you a beer.

Scott
aka
Dagga (60 Rogue, Icecrown)
aka
Dagga Nabbit (65 Rogue, Torvonnilous)
Blades of Wrath - Retired
aka Bomanz

<3 Apoc
Officer of Chi Cerca Trova / Leader of Order of the White Lion - US-Durotan, WoW

Founder of Chi Cerca Trova - Destiny 2

Member of Exalted - Famfrit, FFXIV

Finally done with my Master's and just very tired - RL

Browsing around the web and saw this everquest link.. next thing you know I'm here.  

I don't recognize but a few people from the roster.  Had to reply to Apoc's post though.. ahh memories

I remember when apoc played a druid and was highest level on server.  There was no expansions i don't think.. he organized a revolt against character transfers to our server hah.  Then his druid kinda became obselete after he played apoc.  What was his name?... Briars?

Then I read another post about sythrak and his old g/f....She was a shaman I think?  Can't remember name.

I see SOE has gone crazy with expansions!  And more keys..

Once a gamer always a gamer... I played Vanguard beta and am waiting for release to come out in a few days to play.  I'm not hard core like I used to be.  Pretty fun game so far ~

Goofed off in Wow for awhile.. too childish for me to really enjoy though.

Anywho, glad to see the replies from ppl I recognize on this thread
Dagga
Arakias ! (I still have that christmas card you sent me a few years ago)
Cerrebuss
Brisnic
Roehm
Devo
and of course apoc

If anyone is going to be playing vanguard and wants to group up, lemme know.  I don't now what server or char name yet. Or if ya just wanna shoot the shit. .  

Have fun raiding Blades of Wrath.

Jonathan

Torvo- Bongbilee
Torvo- Bijee
(and probably alot of other alts)

P.S.

I don't think your old school forum should be locked =0

Sorry Skaxx, I remember you too =0

The artist formerly known as Zophim!

I know your memory must be shit by now. =P

Z

Bong!

Great to see you still around :p

Damn the nostalgia,

I miss our way of stomping stuff into the ground.

Busting things up, just isn't the same anymore. I've finally pried my way into Qvic - fixed up Alrick to respectable levels, with his pocket druid Jackel -closing in on 10k mana.

Damn sk's are surpreme in agro control and pulling. ^_^

I hate to hear about hard times on BoW as well, but the name and representation of perservearance still stands true.

I miss you guys. Btw nice f&$*#ng job Skaxx.

Woah, this post was a while ago!  I'm back to playing EQ again with BoW, of course.  Its great to hear from some of the truely money players from back in the day.  I can actually still remember the first time I ran across Bongbilee on Torv.  He was lvl'ing up in.. well I can't remember the zone name, it was one of the original zones... I was there with Apocolypes getting power lvl'd by Sequoyah. Bong and Apocolypes were just growing up, around lvl 25-30.  And of course we bummed some clarity offa Bong haha.

Yeah, Briars the Farmer Extraordinare!  Although Zevus' druid, Nevyn? Had me by a few levels when we got past lvl 50.  It was 2 weeks after Kunark release, when Torvonillous was brought online.  And by the time I got Briars to 55 he had Zevus to 52 i think it was.  Zevus was a madman, no way I could keep up with him haha.

I know the posts are pretty old but i'd like to give a shout out to those that posted!

Roehm, my favorite old school warrior!  And one of the few people i've met in EQ older than me heh.

Arakias, what can I say.  Wish you were still playing man.  Always had a good time on your raids.  Skax is takin care of business tho, so no complaints there of course $

Brisnic !!  Hope you are doing well yo!  You almost talked me into coming back like 4 times!  Ended up being so bored with the everyday of everyday, I came back!

Devo, the crazy funny necro haha.  I miss you at raids too man, you could make the entire guild laugh.  I remember you had the rare gift of putting someone down and making them laugh at the same time haha, good stuff $

Sumladar, I know you played a money cleric.. but i'm beating my head against the wall trying to think of your original char?  I have a feeling you were a Paladin, and like the only Paladin in BoW over a 3 or so year period that I actually enjoyed raiding with haha... But my memory isn't as good as it once was, my brain cell count seems to be dropping faster than Lacus on Yelinex?  Whatever the hell that Skyshrine dragon was called.

Haha, I still remember when Lacus got smoked on the charge in and I told him "Hey man, didn't you see the wooden clown outside with his finger pointed out at his side, and a sign saying 'You must be at least this tall to tank this dragon' "  haha.. man that was good times

Cerrebus, my SK brotha!  Hope you're doing well yo.  Been a long time man.  Glad to know you're about and doing good.  You were one of the few sk's back in the day that knew as well as I did that SK's were the best class to play in EQ.  And showed it.

Mistic!  I was glad that I came back in time to raid a bit more with you.  You're still one of the nisest people i've had the pleasure of raiding with in EQ.

Yo Dagga!  Its been forever yo.  Its great to hear from you and know that you're still owning it up in some game, you were a money rogue for sure $

Ainyan!  My Kael compadre!  Man how long were we farming Kael for armor drops anyhow?  haha .. You made me cry with that dire charm ownage $$

Alrik, man I can barely remember you, i'm sorry bro.  For some reason i'm thinking you came in as I was leaving?  So I can't remember much.. or I just took one too many hits to the head.  Its nice to here from you just the same tho. (You played a Paladin?)  God my memory used to be money, now its more like.. ash..

Man I love seeing you guys posting to say hello.  It makes me think back to when I only worried about what I was doing cause every single person was always doing what they needed to be doing.  Damn, we were quite the force of power games.

Anyhow, i'm happy to see you guys again.  It brings me back to a simpler, happier EQ time.  Not to say things aren't happy these days, but seems like Sony makes shit anything but simple anymore.

Apocolypes (The Grave Lord of Torvonillous)
"The greatest trick the devil ever played, was convincing the world that he didn't exist."

PS  Liktha was the name of Sythrak's GF.  She ran the old Torvonillous server message boards for a long time as well.  she was a really nice person. She was one of the few people I felt I let down when I left ToD for BoW.

Edit~
Someone direct Zori to this thread.. See what happens when you only pull what the chanters can comfortably handle??  They love ya!  Jokin yo, you know I think you're money.  Although if I ever get my hands on that 'paper' you keep refering to i'mma burn it~

Dinamak - A dwarf warrior -  was in blood of the pheonix and when sacro formed I Started playing sumladar

hmm i guess its better late than never but hi apoc :) and all the other names i'm seeing on here , lots of great people i haven't heard from or seen in a whiile, though i guess i don't visit near as much as i should myself:)

So many good memories with alot of you.  As for me (for anyone that remembers an old barb warrior).  Finally settled down with a nice woman, built a house , got a dog and after 5 years together maybe and i repeat maybe contemplating marriage! I gotta agree with Apoc that all the other games haven't had te luster EQ had.  My job keeps me busy mostly so its hard to get to much time to play a MMo anymore.  I still think back to those 2 real life parties we had.  Was sooo much fun.  I wonder if that sausage picture and Skaxx still exists, the good ole Borris passing out in the hallway... i could go on forever lol.  Maybe I will see you guys soon in game

Abernath

Wow, it's been a long time.  I recognize plenty of the old skoolers, but man I think I only recognize one or two names from the roster now days.  How's life treating everyone?

-BD

Hey, I was just reminiscing about EQ and BoW and was going to see if anyone is still around when I found this thread.

Anyone playing any games that don't require a large time investment?

Good to hear from everyone, feel free to email me

-Aamornn (monk)

Yo, Aamorn.  Always nice to see people from the olden days hanging around.

Z