*waves*

Started by Corath, November 03, 2005, 06:38:25 am

Previous topic - Next topic
Trying to get in to use my 21 free days and have that wonderful mouse stuck in top left corner issue...  Anyone know how to go about fixing it?  Was looking forward to getting ingame and saying hi to all you people.  Thanks for the help. :)

Corath~

Heya Corath-

Copied and pasted from an earlier patch message:

The steps below will solve the problem of having a stuck mouse in the upper left hand corner of your screen while running in full screen mode on Windows XP. If you are experiencing this problem with any other OS, please try these steps as well.

First download the Windows Application Compatibility Toolkit from this location. It's about 7Megs. Once it is downloaded, install the application.

http://download.microsoft.com/download/.NetStandardServer/Install/2.6/NT5XP/EN-US/act26.exe

You can then launch the application by going to your start menu, Program Files, Windows Compatibility Toolkit, then click on the Compatibility Administration Tool.

Under the System Database section, click on Applications.
In the right list view scroll down to the EverQuest entry.

Double click the EverQuest entry.
Now right-click the EQGame.exe entry in bold that shows up in the right hand view and choose Disable Entry.

You will now be able to use your mouse while in full screen mode on Windows XP. This will also allow you to alt-tab from EverQuest.
Bereg Spellsynger

thankies bereg, I'd been looking for something similar in microsofts database but was getting an error every time.  This worked good however, I'll see you soon.

Cor