So this one time is Velious...

Started by Roehm, February 21, 2007, 05:16:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic
Doing well. Still working at Land O'Lakes doing truck and rail logistics for our large animal and companion animal feed mills. This will be my 9th year there. Longest I've ever worked anywhere.

Played WoW with BoW for a bit over a year but lost interest in it since there's nothing really that hard in it once you figure out which silly little used ability from one class is the key to the strat to use against ubermob 01. Plus, I was a hunter and just standing back and shooting at mobs or using some sting every 30 seconds got old fast.

Tried my hand at EVE Online, it was fun but basically a spreadsheet with explosions.

Recently quit playing CoH/V. I'd been playing it on and off for the last couple of years, fun game that's been improving for awhile but without a steady group it gets repetitive.

Actually been toying with the idea of going back to EQ2 and seeing what kind of trouble I can get into with my brother (who is married with two kids nowadays, omg).

So as far as fun, I've been playing Neverwinter Nights 2 and it's expansion pack and whatever shooters come down the pike and doing my newest hobby, cooking. I used to cook all the time before I got married and just recently took it up again when my wife got moved to swing shifts to help her out some and remembered how much I love to cook. I've been trying all kinds of new stuff.

How the hell are you?

Heyas Roehm !

I miss EQ1. There hasn't been a game that I can say "dam, i remember this and remember that" I've tried WoW for a bit and Vanguard but it just doesn't feel the same as when I used to play EQ. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that I'm not the only one feeling this way. Just the other day I was talking to a RL friend of mine that I used to have so much fun AFTER work because I was going to kill <insert_random_uber_mob_here> once I get off work.

The thing that gets me is that it's been over 3 years since I've played EQ1 and for me to miss it that much means that it must've been 1 helluva game and had a lasting imprint on my life.

For the past year, I've been trying to keep my life busy. I met a few peeps in RL and we've opened a couple of clubs in San Francisco area catering to all sorts of peeps. So if any ex-BoWs are in the Bay Area for vacation and wanna party, lemme know  ;D

Take care folks !

Heh,

you working with Land O'Lakes in MN?  (last i heard you were in Seattle)  heh wow was fun until they released battlegrounds then all the pvp in the game felt artificial.  quit that game and returned a couple times, but quit it recently and went back to eq2.  if ya start playing again send me a line at butcherblock.abject

Been screwed around by my school for a while so taking a year off, figured i should prolly stop paying them just to keep paying them more.  so ive just been around playing with my new puppy, playing games and hunting all year. 

say hi to your bro for me.

NWN 2 is fun, but why the heck did they go back to the Baldur's Gate, everyone is frozen when you talk to someone crap. It is so annoying when playing with a group of people!

Yeah still working in Seattle (actually Bellevue, we moved across Lake Washington a few years ago from our Queen Anne offices) but our home offices are based in Minnesota.

What's up Nurkia? Where in San Francisco? My family is fourth generation Bay Area. My dad grew up in San Rafael and I grew up across the Bay Bridge in Contra Costa County. We moved when I was in grade school, aka the Stone Age.

Maddy, never played NWN 2 with others just playing different classes and builds thru the game. Is the game fun in multi?

And Amen, if I do get cranked back up in EQ2 I will ring you up.

NWN 2 is fun with other players, if they are the right ones. We had a blast with the original. The current problem with NWN 2 is every time you talk to an npc, everyone's screen freezes and you are forced to read through the text.

I imagine they were trying to avoid the original problem where random quests from other people would show up in your quest log and then you would activate a quest and not realize what happened because you were too far away see the text.

Our small group still plays and has fun, but I still hate that aspect of it :P

Go go gadget memories~ =)

/wave
oglor <Blades of Wrath>

Hey guys.  Hope you all are doing well =)

Hah, son of a bitch.  What's up, Farli?

Z

August 25, 2008, 06:31:41 am #55 Last Edit: March 31, 2021, 06:04:02 pm by Farli
Ahh not too much at the moment, but god, how long has it been? 7 years?  I'm living/working in NYC now.  How are you doing?

-Farli