Jelvan saved by BoW Good Samaritans

Started by Zophim, April 04, 2005, 10:35:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic
April 04, 2005, 10:35:08 pm Last Edit: June 18, 2021, 06:12:17 am by Zophim
This update was done by Signa.

Well, before I get sidetracked by my own personal hate for all that is everything, I should talk about what we did tonight. As of April the fourth, in the year of our lord two thousand and five, we rescued Jelvan from the INS. Oh, wait no, thats my mail order bride. Actually, we rescued Jelvan from some tormentors that look like... well... roughly half the mobs in EverQuest post-GoD. We don't need no new models, we like killin shit that looks the same with a different name!

I digress.  Indeed, we did rescue Jelvan, and it was fuckin' cool as shit. Personally I always enjoy doing new encounters, they're the most fun that I have playing everquest. Nothing beats conquering a new fight with the same group of dudes/dudettes that you spend a lot of your free time hanging out with. I know that a lot of people really enjoy just group and chilling, but I believe I speak for most of blades and a lot of the high end raiders out there, when I say that killing new shit with our friends is where we get our kicks in EQ. I'm not knockin casual players, but my tolerance for killing the same thing again and again is rather minimal. New encounters are also pimp because I get to use my Defensive hotkey a lot! Back before DoN, my defensive hotkey simply activated Resistant and I pretended it was defensive. Now it activates my super cool vie disc!

Without further ado, here are the screenshots from the glorious fight to the death!

After we got done with Jelvan and slapping each others asses saying 'Nice work out there!', we cleared more trash. Do you know why? Because AA dings while raiding are the shit. After we got done clearing trash, we stood outside the portal to the Arch Magus room. Little more time rezzing rangers, and we got the order to click in. Of course for most of us, 'click in' is a little beyond our capability.

Eventually though, we all managed to click in and take a shot at AM. The mage was really fairly easy, we got him down to 24% at our first attempt. I was rather surprised, since we entered Anguish low these many months ago, every bit of ground we gained was hard fought. Although the encounters have been tweaked and changed significantly since we first ran at most of them. I can assure you, in the next day or two I will bring you a screenshot of a dead mage, then an Overlord screenshot!