Better late than never?

Started by Zophim, March 01, 2006, 06:57:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic
March 01, 2006, 06:57:36 pm Last Edit: June 18, 2021, 06:16:16 am by Zophim
Well, I'm a slacker.  There, I said it.  Now there can be no question.  I've been more than a little remiss in updating this page, and I know all the loyal fans (both of them) are crying.  You have my sincerest apology.

So, yeah... like, uhh, where did we leave off?  Oh yeah... Vule.  Last time I got off my lazy ass and made an update, it was when we killed him.  I'm sure you were all very excited about it (*yawn*).  Well, Hive Queen was the only thing left to keep us out of the Demiplane.  I don't have any real decent screenshots of the fight (probably because we were all more worried about actually beating her), but I assure you she's dead.  I'll prove it to you in a minute.  Before we get to that, here's something amusing for you:

There's a lesson to be learned here if you haven't yet done that Queen event.  BE READY FOR THE ADDS.  We weren't, and it provided some after the fact amusement, as you can see. :)

So, with that bitch out of the way, we were only a Nektulos turnin away from seeing the Demiplane!  Even with our collectively diminished IQs (thanks DoD) we managed to get that part done relatively painlessly.  I'll admit, I was amazed.

Demiplane... yeah...  I wish somebody could explain to me why everything horrible about EQ was rolled into one zone.  I'd further like to know why that one zone is the end zone of an expansion.  It reminds me of the Vex Thal days (before it was tuned), only worse, and I still have bad dreams about those days.  I digress.

It seems everything we heard about the first boss was true.  He does indeed randomly pop off trash.  Turns out that it's when you least expect it, too.  Regardless, we managed to kill a few wizards and Thuuli.  Here's about the best screenshot I've seen of him to date:

There you have it.  That just about catches us up.  I could post about some of our recent exploits in the new PoR expansion, but I'll save that for when I update again a month from now (it'll be sooner, I promise).