Gift of Thought

Started by Narien, August 01, 2008, 12:38:54 am

Previous topic - Next topic
I might be barking up the wrong tree, but ages ago on the Torv server I was in a guild called "Gift of Thought" which eventually became Blades of Wrath.

Are there any old GoT folks still around? Does anyone know how I might be able to reach Saben, the original guildleader of GoT?

Sorry if I'm in the wrong place, but it has been almost a decade...didn't know where else to look.

Man, I ain't thought about that name in ages, heh.

This is probably the right place.  Just have to see who still drops by.

Z

Sythrak posts in our Burnout section, I know he was GoT before BoW not sure who else.

haha i remember our short stint in GoT.  no idea where to reach any of the members though, with the exception of a few of us who left to form BoW.

fear Essence of Power and Beyond Power too.

Yep  in GoT as syran/sayvoxia and envoy.  lol

i was in gift of thought!  saben said  me (i r zevus/nevyn) and thogg destroyed the guild though.  well, maybe that was Brade =)

keke

btw, sayv, thanks for the email replies wtf.  , yawn

ps - gav are you and hiro going to be playing warhammer?  it's pretty good, best beta i've been in since WoW probably.

fear tearing that guild apart from the inside

I haven't talked to Saben since he left.  I actually forgot what caused the guild to break up but I think it was the fact all the loot we got in raids was pure random rolls.  Didn't matter if you had been there 5 years or a dude that just joined yesterday.  Anything setup like that in EQ was doomed anyway.

Saben and I think Yorn and Thagi were back a few years ago and they even formed up a new guild iirc, after the fennin merger, but i cant remember what it was called. I did talk to him then and it sounded like they were just back for casual play. I havent really seen any of them since though. If i had to guess i would say that was 2+ years ago now since i've seen any of them.

Quote from: Sythrak on September 06, 2008, 01:53:57 pm
I haven't talked to Saben since he left.  I actually forgot what caused the guild to break up but I think it was the fact all the loot we got in raids was pure random rolls.  Didn't matter if you had been there 5 years or a dude that just joined yesterday.  Anything setup like that in EQ was doomed anyway.

Rolls on the "Honor" system.  I recall one of the main catalysts anyways... well, it sure pissed me and Eeep off, haha..  I think we left PoG while it was still being cleared.. uh.. we had been there like 3 or 4 hours clearing a bunch of shit since the very start, some rogue item dropped and some rogue that had been in PoG for all of 5 minutes or so rolled for it and won it (and took it, I think he was like lvl 53 or some shit too but I guess that shouldnt really be a factor)..  I don't recall his name but I think he had a druid alt?    that was like major "wtf" moment...  honor system my ass.. haha.

Gift of Thought wasn't destroyed by anyone other than its own loot system. Good people, dumb rules. I was very happy with my transition to blades. In fact I had been looking for any way to move to BoW w/o pissing of friends well before that happened.

I remember saben asking me and Zevus to roll on the first Mrylokar legs for Venril and even though I was a very regular raider I didn't quite feel like I deserved them over zevus. I rolled and won em and then proceeded to let him borrow them for Best of the best and a few other things heh. Weeee Gift of Thought.
oglor <Blades of Wrath>