Oh, and you catchword that?

Started by Insilkniz, February 20, 2010, 06:54:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic
February 20, 2010, 06:54:09 pm Last Edit: February 22, 2010, 10:39:13 am by Skaxx
Blah blah blah

lol it appears we have an infestation of spambots as of late.  I don't know how to remove users so we'll have to wait for Kurt to do some cleanup :P

For a while I had a board up (no traffic really, but, yeah), and eventually it had spam infestations... I just added an extra question to account creation and re-named the name of the input box such that these crawlers failed to create accounts by filling in the wrong field... and it got rid of about 90%.

Just want to get your input boxes different enough from the default distribution that they have to do it manually.

February 22, 2010, 10:38:20 am #4 Last Edit: February 22, 2010, 10:50:43 am by Skaxx
Registration captcha was busted, so I turned it off.  I kinda wondered when this would happen.  Bastards.  I'll just approve all members from here out I guess.

Edit:  On second thought, I might actually see about upgrading to the latest SMF.  Maybe that'll fix the long standing headaches I've had with captcha.

Z

When I signed up I had to use the listen one and had to try like 5 diff times to get it right lol.

Quote from: Teferri on February 21, 2010, 06:17:46 am
Fablatin? is that you?

/lol

I'm not sure what it said, but I've got a pretty good feeling I should be killing you right about now.

Wii sex toy satellite pictures sexleg of my sex teacher?

[/spammer]