Nostalgia

Started by Bobf, December 20, 2012, 08:15:56 am

Previous topic - Next topic
My family is in Medford and Ashland, small world. I never lived in Grants Pass but its not far. Lots of people go back to Southern OR to raise their families, totally different pace of life compared to here in NJ. There are a lot of places to live down there, and most of the travel to work will be actual mileage, not traffic like around here.

Tons of outdoor activities to enjoy there too :). The weather should be great when you get there too!  Depending on how far you want to go the Eugene/Springfield area is further North and a lot bigger too, a couple hours away though so could visit folks in Grants Pass but not every weekend.

Heh, it is a small world.

Once I graduate, hopefully it won't take too long to find work there. It's not going to be easy to job hunt from 800 miles away, though. I imagine I might have to plan on a few plane trips up there between now and then. that's going to add up!

I am in Tri City, OR right now....which is roughly 50miles north of GP.  I lived in GP for a bit but spent most of my time in a small shit hole called Glendale.....once your in Oregon, look me up, I'll be glad to show you the hotspots!!!

Deal.

BTW, did we know each other in EQ, or were we different times? Or am I a forgetful scumbag?

Very different times.

I thought you came back at one point while i was in BoW as i definitely remember you, but it has been a long time. I was in BoW the end of Velious, although I was around the server long before that, and ended at Omens of War although i think Gates of Discord was probably the last one I was active for.

I am not sure what you do, but the Asante Hospital system has had decent positions and they have places in Grants Pass, Medford, and Ashland. Harry and David/Bear Creek, does mostly seasonal but they hire a ton of people to prep for the holidays in Medford. I have family that work with Asante and like them and tons of people have worked seasonably at Bear Creek.

Maddy, I meant Sleek. You and I were guildies for a long time. I joined in Velious and left in PoP. ;)

We're now planning our move for mid-September, unless I get a job offer sooner. It's been challenging finding/getting call backs from so far away. Our lease is up in Sept and it will actually b cheaper to live unemployed for a short time than on a month-to-month lease here (go figure).

Haha, okay it has been years so you never know if you forgot the dwarf or not. The COL is lower there for sure. I bet some places there are just a little old school and not use to folks applying far away.

My sis had the same issue when she considered living out here. She ended up staying in OR, but i know it was the distance that was an issue for her getting calls. I hear you better wear sun screen, the family has been complaining about the heat this year. A bit early for them to hit over 100 already! (at least its a dry heat!)