Torvonnilous Population Reconstruction

Started by Catastrophe, November 30, 2013, 01:35:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic
November 30, 2013, 01:35:25 pm Last Edit: November 30, 2013, 01:56:56 pm by Catastrophe
Hey peeps. So I dunno, I just wanna do this. No reason really, just want to. I'm looking for help rebuilding the familiar names from long ago. Lacking a digitally perfect mega-mind, I have only an incomplete list and need help filling it out, and since this is the only Torvonnilous community I'm even aware of, that might possibly still remain in existence (thanks Zoph, you the man), I think here is maybe the best place to try and get help.

Not sure when Torvon was shut down, or when it came up for that matter. 2000-2007? If anyone knows the specifics, feel free to chime in if interested. Also just a request, I'd like to keep this focused on the names of main characters (thank god alts were a rarity back then) of prominent players that people know about or have memories of. Whether good, or bad, due to drama or happy times. I'd rather not list every Joe who played for just 1 month or stuff like that. It would be great to get some assistance clarifying details if people are interested in pitching in.

Apologies in advance if you aren't listed (yet), honestly one reason I want to do this is how bad these memories are starting to deteriorate. I've forgotten hundreds of people and, to an extent, feel upset for forgetting. Raids were like 72 people back then? Seems like it was ridiculous. Its annoying to get to a point in life where it feels like what's forgotten outweighs what is still known : P!!!

Guilds:
Blades of Wrath (obviously hehe)
Monolith
Sacrosanct
Fire and Steel
Tides of Destiny
Gift of Thought
Essence of Power
Blood of the Phoenix

Bard:
Bereg (wood elf?)
Dyscord (wood elf)
Psyx (wood elf)
Rampagious (wood elf)
Thebes Tsoup (half elf?)

Beastmaster:

Cleric:
Arakias Sedai (dark elf)
Bobben Tenderfoot (halfling)
Clamore (high elf)
Envoy (dwarf)
Honoria (high elf)
Joraca (high elf)
Jub...Jub-someting or other. Sacrosanct guy? anyone remember?
Leelu Dallas (high elf)
Madeline (dwarf)
Rolgof (dwarf)
Skron (lame alt)
Vanga (dark elf)

Druid:
Briars (wood elf)
Nevyn (wood elf)
Nilwean (wood elf)
Selune (wood elf)
Sequoyah (wood elf)

Enchanter:
Ainyan
Bongbilee (high elf)
Brisnic (high elf)
Feamir (high elf)
Saben Que'Se (dark elf)
Sober Bob (high elf)
Zenthar (dark elf)

Mage:
Autumn Skyfire (dark elf)
Ylaine (high elf?) - enjoys sports drinks

Monk
Aamorn (human)
Gamelenie (human)
Hiro Protagonist (human)
Ksarn (iksar)
Rokar Saktas (iksar) - Is WoW's Rokar Bladeshadow named for this guy???
Zynne Darktreader (iksar)

Necromancer:
Devoboy (dark elf)
Gnimsh (gnome?)
Killogramm (gnome) - but not a gnome in real life.
Thagi (gnome)
Xess (dark elf?)

Paladin:
Alrick
Berol

Ranger:
Catastrophe (wood elf)
Kolbjorn (half elf??) - Feamir
Kvasha (wood elf) - Clamore
Tsubainth (wood elf?)

Rogue:
Dagga
Eeep (halfling)
Fancy Pants/Asshammer (halfling)
Foglor (dwarf)
Tandayil (dark elf)
Zevus the Silent (dwarf) - Nevyn
Zophim (human?) - Xess

Shadowknight:
Apocolypes (human) - Briars
Cerrebuss
Ranak (troll)
Skaxx - Xess

Shaman:
Brade (barbarian)
Gangaskan
Harlak (barbarian)
Harleen
Jenen
Liktha (iksar)
Shamroc (or rogue?)
Warguren (barbarian)

Warrior:
Abernath (barbarian)
Gavril (barbarian)
Jalce Jabroney (barbarian)
Kolas (half elf)
Lacus (halfling)
Roehm (barbarian)
Sayvoxia (dwarf)
Sythrak (iksar)
Thogg (ogre)
Tyberon (dwarf)

Wizard:
Absalom (high elf)
Eldritch (high elf)
Yorn (erudite)

Currently looking for identification:
Lenorf
Daemoness
the "iz" guy. Like his name was Mizatt but his name wasn't Matt, it was something else, with "iz" in the middle. I really not sure if this was my first server Tribunal or Torv tho.

More to come later.

Wow! I received a mass email and couldn't believe it! BoW is still going strong. I sure miss the friends I made in EQ. I logged Rekki in for a bit a couple months ago, I felt so lost! Glad to hear you guys are still enjoying the game. /hugs to all my old friends.

Jub something was probably Jubal, 

Thagi was mage(I think) but indeed he was a gnome.

Shamroc was a rogue yeah, not shaman, other than that your list is pretty good, i can only think of a handful that aren't on there, and even then your list is much longer any I can remember by a long shot.  Impressive. Fun to look through and remember some of those names no doubt.

Johny

That is a nice list!

I am sending emails at work and just getting away messages so this is what i came up with:

Indentiication? Lenorf (barb) warrior was his main
Icabod (dwarf) pally
Peadiddler (druid) druid was her main to start
Shamroc (barb) Rogue
Sandastan (High elf) Bard
Talyn (Iskar) Necro
Jubal (elf) Cleric
Johny (gnome) necro
Helgi (Barb) Warrior
Geralt (Barb) warrior (I think this was his first main, not 100% though)/ Dareius Alt
Kinthas (Wood Elf) Ranger
Kopuz (Troll) Beastlord
Misticwolf (Elf) Druid
Borris (dwarf) Warrior
Zaraa (wood elf) Druid
Nivesha (Dark efl) Necro?
Jenen (he is barb on your list)
Reghar (Dwarf) Warrior (GL of Phoenix for awhile)
Regorland (Wizard)
Enyin (Elf) Mage (Monolith)
Attacker (wood elf) Ranger (Monolith)
Tomyx (Ogre) Warrior (Monolith) RIP :(
Brade (Barb) Shaman (TID/Monolith)
Onickeeson (?) Barb (monolith)
Vincent (?) Wizard (Monolith)
Swiller (Halfling) Druid
Palee (?) Ranger
Rhent (iskar) Shaman
Palm (human) Monk
Xanx Wizard
Trixx Cleric
Kilean Ranger
Kimo (Human) Warrior

Few you left out:

Destrukto - Warrior (troll I think?)
Silluen - Druid (halfling)
Gidaen - Rogue (dark elf? i can't remember)
Trindade - warrior (barbarian)

For guilds, don't forget Beyond Power (the one that happened between Essence of Power and Blades of Wrath).

That's all I got for now.  I know there's another halfling cleric whose name is escaping me right now....

Yup, Geralt was my Warrior from Soul Cadre and Tides of Destiny. Rerolled a Halfling Rogue named Dareius and joined BoW.

Also missed:

Gmuk (Orge Warrior)
Udailya (Inkie Wizard)

February 05, 2014, 08:46:10 am #11 Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 08:51:08 am by Apocolypes
Hello all,

Got a mail from Zophim about the site going back up and clicked to pop my head in and see if anyone was still around.

Good lord the nostalgia going on reading through that list.  Just reading through it made me want to get them all together and go kill everything, because I know we would as always. Its very nice to see people still playing EQ.  I'm eyeballing eqnext but still waiting to see more of what its going to be. Still raiding as usual, playing Rift at the moment.

Good people on the list, trying to remember some that are missing from Cata and Madeline's lists but my brain isn't helping me out atm.

I remember a druid named Minie?  I think it was.

I'll have to give it some though and put the old brain to work on getting more people listed.

Anyhow, just popped in to peek around.  Miss you all!

Apocolypes

Again, that list is awesome.  So many good people.

Edit*  Almost forgot - Humans and SKs rule!

Hey, Apoc! Always good to hear from ya, brother. :)

I generally hate sending out the email to the whole site, but since it was down the better part of 3 weeks, I figured some people had given up on it. Wanted to make sure old friends could still drop by, essentially.

Glad you made it by man!

Z

PS: I'm with ya on the Human SK assessment

Of all the mmo's I've played eq1 velious expansion was the best.

Cheers to a lot of old names I haven't seen in a long time!

Popping in to say "Hi" for the same reason. Apocolypes said it perfectly, so I'll just quote him
Quote from: Apocolypes on February 05, 2014, 08:46:10 am
Hello all,

Got a mail from Zophim about the site going back up and clicked to pop my head in and see if anyone was still around.

Good lord the nostalgia going on reading through that list.  Just reading through it made me want to get them all together and go kill everything, because I know we would as always. Its very nice to see people still playing EQ.  I'm eyeballing eqnext but still waiting to see more of what its going to be. Still raiding as usual, playing Rift at the moment.

Good people on the list, trying to remember some that are missing from Cata and Madeline's lists but my brain isn't helping me out atm.

I remember a druid named Minie?  I think it was.

I'll have to give it some though and put the old brain to work on getting more people listed.

Anyhow, just popped in to peek around.  Miss you all!

Apocolypes

Again, that list is awesome.  So many good people.

Edit*  Almost forgot - Humans and SKs rule!