New EQEmu Server

Started by Khokon, December 09, 2013, 04:52:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic
Hello BoW,

Ive been following you from Kegz' epicemu server. You had given me some items on that server and I did like your presence there in general. Been checking this board from time to time to see what EQ server you might be choosing to play on now.

Well, I dont see you having made a choice. But there is a new EQ server out there that may be interesting to you: Dragons Of Mist (HC). It is PEQ database to GoD, classic exp rates, no defiant armor, with dual boxing, no customisation. The dev is making a good Impression to me (of course, you never know...).

http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=37580
http://dragonsofmist.com/Joomla/

Would be great if youd consider this server for your guild to play on.

Best regards,
Khokon (Hocico, Krokon)

Has anyone checked this out? I was wondering if it was good.

So I've been away from EQ for a while.  Did play on a few EMU servers a few times and had found one I really enjoyed a while back.   This question is being asked just for the sake of asking it since I will not have time to game any time soon, but...

Why do nearly all of the legit server admins disallow dual boxing?   Even in original EQ, raids excluded, I couldn't stand playing unless I was boxing 4 or 5 toons simultaneously.  With few exceptions, I pretty much hated playing with other people and got much further multiboxing than I would have waiting on complete pug groups to form (and likely shitty ones at that).

Also, hello to anyone I might have known in the early eras of EQ.  Figured I'd check in after getting an unexpected email about this website being back online.

A lot of people believe dual boxing hurts the server community, people have less incentive to meet others and group. While I do agree, I like to be able to do things at my own pace and when I want, for how long I want (log on/off whenever I please). Plus I dont want to have to split loots or money with someone.. IE I'm an enchanter I can do amazing things but I have to split shit with a healer to pay him to sit on his ass and make sure I dont die.. no bueno.

Hopefully zophim and crew get this server going soon and we can two box there. I wont be playing any single box stuff.. too involved, I dont like having to find groups then if I have to go do something I lose that group and end up having to spend time again finding a diff group later.. etc