Console?

Started by darkhosis, February 04, 2014, 12:14:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic
I noticed that the IP is XO Communications, what exactly do you have there?  By console do you mean like DirectAdmin or something like that?  Is it cloud hosting?  That costs way more than it's worth unless maybe you need DDoS protection

I have about two dozen dedicated servers, ranging from e3-1270's, dual xeon  e5-2650v2's, i7-3930's etc

I believe it was DirectAdmin, yeah. I really hate how the VPS providers use that VNC-based shit, but I guess that's just part of it.

The VPS I had for the website was small. Just 1CPU and 512MB RAM. You're right; The website doesn't really need anything bigger than that. I got fed up with shared hosts. Either they were slow to work, or they would just come down randomly. I figured it was worth the extra to get something I had some real control over. If I'd actually had real control over it, my idea would have worked, too!

For the EMU I actually have a much bigger VPS. Right now it's a dual Xeon 2.4GHz (though I'm not sure exactly which CPU model that is - KVM masks it)

If you've got space you'd discuss leasing to me, I'd love to have that conversation :P Much rather give the money to somebody I know. The website is really fine on a VPS, and I've got a more aggressive backup and alerting scheme than before, so hopefully this won't be an issue in the future regardless. I am, however, always in the market for a good box to run the EMU on.

I should just start my own hosting company. I've got a fully functional ESXi cluster at home with clustered storage and all that, lol.

Z

Rather than leasing servers to Zophim, you should train the the cluster to play a thousand EQ Landmark accounts and robo-terraform the entire world, resulting in either much profit, or much hilarity.  It's what we expect from you anyways.

Haha. I second that notion.

Z