EQ installation instructions?

Started by gropplin, February 06, 2014, 12:34:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic
Hey all,

I am trying to get EQ installed and I am running into problems when following the instructions on http://epicemu.com/scars-of-velious-emulated-server.

I play on an EQEmulator server and it works just fine. I have a titanium client and I followed the instructions at the aforementioned link.

My problem is when I try to log in, it sits there for a while then tosses me an error saying "a connection to the server could not be reached. Please check your internet connection to make sure you are online"

Anyone have any suggestions? I would really love to revive Gropplin Grumbletummy (cleric) and join your ranks eventually.

I don't know if that server is still even there. Most of us left several months ago.

The server was restarted, they deleted most of the bug forums and previous posts. They "rebooted" it and etc, as I pointed out everyones account was still there supposedly, but they were deleting posts still about any negative comments and had said there was new ownership, but I talked to drolgurd who was still a guide and he said kegz is still behind the scenes, while drolgurd was killing raid bosses with his guide to loot with his mains. They also let the people from EQMAC come over and get a "replica" of their toons.

Either way, the fact they deleted the bug report forums and wouldnt let anyone talk about the piss poor job they were doing prior, was enough for me.