Zophim

Started by FalconOZT, October 17, 2007, 11:06:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic
Zophim,

I am sad to see that you are retiring, I wish you the best in whatever you do. To me when I first read that you took up the helm of BoW in EQ I had a smile on my face that lasted for days. You were the man that I always pictured would be in charge, despite how many great leaders we had. I just wish i could have stuck around to serve under your rule.

You were the person everyone loved to hate because you literally kept it real. You weren't afraid to express yourself and let your wisdom be heard. Over the years that I served in Blades, I have seen you drive us from behind the curtain with no real position of power and that was why I was very happy when I saw you were leading us. Out of the dozen or so people that I respect in Blades, no matter what MMO it's in, I have to say that I respect you the most. You didn't demand it or expect it, you earned it through your hard work and dedication.

My hat's off to you, take care wherever your travels may take you.

Falkonik Cloudreaper - Beast of the Blades

Often maligned, misunderstood, and taken either way too seriously or not serious enough, loved, hated, vilified, but over all a guy I think of to this day as a friend.

K(C)urt (hehe),

Take care man and be well in all you do.

-Don

Sorry to see you retire Zoph. You were one helluva a character. Best of luck !

<famous Zophim saying> " YOU CAN BUY BETTER IN THE BAZAAR"

Take care homie,

Nurika

Welcome to the real world now Zophim :-)

When are you coming out to California to install some kind of supercomputer somewhere??

Great job on leading the guild all this time, it is awesome that you guys are still a tight raiding group.  I miss the good old days!

-Paul

aka Arakias

<3 Zoph. Grats on finding a life ;)

Kidding. I can't imagine EQ without you. I've known you since... hell, practically since the game started.

Keep in touch. Answer your IMs ;)

<3 Ainy
Officer of Chi Cerca Trova / Leader of Order of the White Lion - US-Durotan, WoW

Founder of Chi Cerca Trova - Destiny 2

Member of Exalted - Famfrit, FFXIV

Finally done with my Master's and just very tired - RL

Kurt/Z,
Well, I have always considered you to be one of my better in game freinds so naturally I want what is very best for ya as a freind,  even as much as it sucks to not see you in game.(It's seems so unnatural!) I strongly believe that your dedication is the reason that Blades is still alive and strong today, and not just doing great in the end game, but turning out quality people. I know this isn't even your official retirement post, but hey, might as well take advantage of it! Take care of you first, as that is number one, and you know how to contact me if ya ever need anything. And as you said in my retirement post, I know it's not goodbye.(at least it better not be) but good luck in RL.~

The very best to you-
Beau/J

Skaxx,

You're one of the coolest people I know.  Thanks for putting up with my bullshit over the years as whatever class.  Take care, good luck in the RL.  Don't do anything I would do, and if you do...name it after me.

Shantul\Ranak\God knows

WTF, the one person I thought never would retire!
Pede LinG
Raging Fury
Antonius Bayle

CAN I HAVE YOUR STUFF?

Just kidding. You were my favorite asshole Zoph, you never failed to have me laughing with your quick-witted 'I don't care what you think about it' responses to stuff.

Be safe out there, and don't be a stranger.

holy shit, i thought i'd never see this day

nevertheless, welcome to the real world kurt :)   

it was fun playing with you even tho you gave me alot of shit

Heh, after years of retirement myself, it's not really too hard to "see someone leave." It's more of a welcoming back to our world.

But it does remind me of playing, oh so long ago. I'd be lying if I said I didn't still occasionally long for the return to EQ. And part of what made the experience so memorable was in experiencing the companionship of people like Zoph.

Always a friend to me, hope I was the same.

One of the few who my hat trully comes off for. Hope to see ya around somewhere bro.

Well well well!! So you finally decided to hang it all up. From the posts here and from word of mouth, you have had one hell of a ride from the days when we were all rogues.

May real life treat you well my friend. Good luck in whatever you do and much success doing it.

Geralt/Dareius

Holy crap.  Been reading through all these posts and what a blast from the past.  Had to register and wish my old friend Zoph good luck.  It is so awesome that you kept the guild going strong all this time.  I didn't expect to still see so many familiar names on this message board. 

I still look back and smile at the old days of ToD vs. BoW.  Then later on, our days pushing through PoP.  Those were great times and I sometimes would contemplate trying to log Talyn in again; but, I always felt I would have too much catching up to do.  With a wife and daughter these days, I can't be the fanatical player I once was even 3 years ago.

Take care Zoph.  Thanks again for being a cool friend in game.  For suffering through all that crap to help me with the Coldain ring quest.  I remember we had to do the 8th part of it twice cause it bugged out.  What a pain, haha.